The twenty-somethings of today are tomorrow's eccentric Cat Ladies!

Friday, March 31, 2006

Yes, but which one of you wants me MORE?

Well, I just sent U of T my "thanks but no thanks" email. Nothing has ever felt more empowering! Yesterday I sent Concordia my hug-in-an-email thanks-for-wanting-me i-love-you-so-much email and they wrote back within five seconds, a long and semi-rambling happy email that humanized them for me and made me so excited I had to do that wiggle-on-a-spot happy dance a-la-Natalie Portman (I don't think I've ever used so many dashes in one sentence before). You can request a demonstration, I did one for Derek yesterday. It's great not being able to eat due to excitement, rather than due to other less productive emotions. Yesterday I went to see an apartment at Bayfield, those buildings right behind Saugeen - it was a one-bedroom, up high with a balcony, a decent guy offering me a sublet, a guy SO decent that he doesn't mind Tycho... at first he wanted $450/mo. for it, but after a while he relented and said $400 would be fine. I thought it was a done deal but today I'm having doubts. Turns out phone & internet aren't included in that sum (though hydro & cable are, and he's leaving all his furniture and TV set and everything). I could probably live without internet (especially since I'll be a thirty second walk away from campus where wireless waves abound!) and the guy works for Bell so he says that with his discount I'll pay just $60 for the whole summer for a phone. So it'll be $415 a month, basically. I have been spoiled rotten with my $270/month at Woodward so I have no idea if this is a good price or not! Thoughts?

On an unrelated note, the termostat gauge of how much money I'm getting for free next year keeps rising (also contributing to the happy dance), but the problem is that none of that money kicks in until September, so I've got to muddle through until then! Maybe I'll just charge admission to my apartment to help subsidize. $5 for me to buzz you up, $10 to sit on the couch, $15 to sit on the balcony. Special package for $30: I'll mix you a drink and sing you love ballads while you sit on the balcony.

Really I'm just trying to make luxurious decisions like "Can I afford to go to BC?" and "Can I afford to buy a swimsuit?" which is nice compared to the "Can I afford to eat?" kind of questions.

Lack of blogging due to a decided un-lack of school work, but I can see the light at the end of the essay-lined tunnel now. Today it's supposed to get up to 18 degrees! I'm so eating an ice cream cone.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

megan - if you were living in waterloo, and you got a one-bedroom inclusive for $400, i think you would be getting a very good deal. the apartment market can't be that much more expensive in london, can it?
~b.

11:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

400 is good, if you REALLY look you will get cheaper, but I wouldn't complain about that much, esp if its a good place/cat friendly.

-d

12:08 PM

 
Blogger megan said...

haha, d and b, how amusing.

yeah, i think you're right, i could try harder and do better (always the story) but i think i'll settle for this place because i don't have time for more apartment visiting! and i'm so happy to have a balcony! i'll be able to sunbathe without leaving my pad!

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

hey megs. do you think you can write back to u of t and ask them if i could have your spot?





please?



(ps. i think you and jen have a psychic internet mind meld because whenever jen updates her blog, i know that you have updated yours as well)

6:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Megan, you know I'd come and help you with all that apartment stuff if I could. But Clive is between heists this w/e so I'm taking him up to meet Grandma.
~ma

12:57 AM

 
Blogger megan said...

Mom: ba-zing! That's hot!!!

Mark: well... I have a personal interest in getting you and Jen to move to Montreal, so... how would Concordia suit you?

10:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home