The twenty-somethings of today are tomorrow's eccentric Cat Ladies!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Good things come in small packages... even better things come in medium-sized packages from Waterloo

Tycho and I got a surprise in the mail today!
We were both very curious... and nervous... Tycho volunteered to be the first to investigate.



Turns out it wasn't a box full of catnip mice (Tycho's guess), but instead a package chock-a-block full of thesis-writing survival goodies! Chocolate, cookies, choclate, gum, chocolate... Tycho surveyed the haul while I wiped hot-mascara tears from my face. It was an emotional moment for both of us!

Tycho was the first to find the bottle of Bailey's. I have taught him well!

So I did what any good mother would do! I flexed my opposable thumbs and opened that bad boy up. We split it between us and went a little wild from the effect of mid-afternoon shots...

Tycho even showed off his mad break-dancing skills.

In the end, we both took a nap, secure in the knowledge that our Waterloo teammates have our backs... and that thesis completion is just around the corner.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup, we've got your back(s)!
ma (b&a)

12:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mascara? I sense creative license.

3:15 AM

 
Blogger megan said...

well, you got me, but i can't speak for tycho... every since "the operation that shall not be named" he has indulged in the occasional glam-up, mascara included. he'd hate me if he knew i made this secret public!

11:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, that is so sweet - you have the best family ever!

And you do realize that now all of your stalkers have your full name & complete address right? Don't let them chase you up the stairs, thats always a bad idea!

11:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as soon as we taped the last piece of tape, i realized i didn't put any toys in the box just for tycho! poor little buddy...but i'm glad you shared your liqueur with him.
(hey, and did you read that post from jen? 'you have the best family ever'!)
~b.

9:11 PM

 
Blogger megan said...

hooray for the best family ever! jen said it, therefore it's official! and she hasn't even met them!!! (wait, maybe that "and" should be a "but")

I tried to take down the picture with my address but it keeps saying there's an error when I try to republish... until I figure that out, I'll keep a baseball bat by my bed!

12:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home