The twenty-somethings of today are tomorrow's eccentric Cat Ladies!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The person you love is 72.8% water.

OH MAN
BLOGGING HAS RUINED ME

I think of everything in 'blogging' terms now ... like, missing the bus isn't just missing the bus, it's missing the bus and then blogging about it... and finding a twoonie on the ground and using it to buy hot chocolate and then winning a free muffin from the hot chocolate, that is a blog moment if ever I had one. Except... I didn't have that one, but I think it might be in my future. In fact, I'm almost certain. Someone somewhere right now is dropping a twoonie on the ground and the world is drawing itself into a single-file line that will prod me towards that twoonie, I'll pick it up with the dirty-fingernailed effort of trying to coax a coin off of a flat surface... I'll buy my hot chocolate, and I'll win! And then you'll all read about it on my blog because I'M BACK!

It's been a crazy, draining, meditative, movie-watching, essay-writing, ball-busting week at Megan Central, and I have been warming my hands on the memory of Montreal with Jen, and I haven't said much about it here yet... but it's sort of like when Jen moved to Toronto and I tried to keep the radio show going for a while after she left, but it was too sad, and too un-motivating without her... well, that's how I feel when I look at the Montreal pictures... and now I miss her almost as much as Mark did... so... to save myself from typing things like *choke* and *sob* over and over, I'll just recreate the week in a few choice photos (there aren't more because that would take so long to upload, and I promised my feverish brain sleep by midnight)...

I must just say...
There is almost nothing as deliciously good as going on a road trip to your favourite city with one of your favourite people to see one of your favourite bands play one of your favourite songs ten feet away from you.



A Brief and Selective History of Jen & Megan's Montreal (important items left out due to photo lackage: key loss... bagel consumption... van breakage-downage...)

We drank sketchy Montreal booze:


Washed our hands in not-so-sketchy Montreal bars:


And ate sketchy-but-oh-so-very-cheesey Montreal drunken poutine!


We learned about the Montreal Chill...



Which only sweetens the sweetness of the Montreal Cafes! I don't know how they get so much hot chocolately goodness into such an inconspicuous-looking cup...


We snuck into the Concordia bookstore to see how they fare against my own home domain at uwo... and by "snuck in," I mean "walked casually through the open door..." Conclusion: I can't wait until I have to shop there.


I also can't wait until my name is on this board!


I really need to sleep... things not to ask me about in the next three weeks: (1) thesis... (2) essay writing... (3) thesis.

I've been listening to a ton of CBC radio lately... this week on Between the Covers they're reading work by brand spaking new female Canadian authors! 10:40 pm every night! Listen!

ps - today's subject brought to you by my boss-of-a-lifetime boss Stephen and jonathan carroll's famous musings

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Gawww! That post made me happy and blushy!

I especially like how under the montreal love stories sign is us snuggling - and how my head doubles as a racecar tire in the poutine picture.

A+

11:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sketchy beer on a couch eh? A pretty distant second place to wine on my bed, but nice trip post. Just don't become one of those bloggers who posts about EVERYTHING you do.

-D

1:07 PM

 
Blogger megan said...

Jen - "gawww," great sound effect, suggestive of a QC influence!

Dearest D, nothing could rival wine on your bed. except maybe guitar hero on your bed. "Don't talk to me! I'm guitaring!"

5:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home