The twenty-somethings of today are tomorrow's eccentric Cat Ladies!

Monday, March 20, 2006

I'm looking for a saint...

An entire weekend has passed since The Great Green Beer Day, and I think the whirlwinds in my brain have calmed enough for a coherent post!

Fact: I did not spill a single drink on Friday! Although I think I accidentally boiled Derek's Sake in the microwave, because now all the food I zap comes out tasting faintly of liquor and bile... seriously, that stuff was disgusting... though if you look at the FAQs on that site, you will see there is no "How do I drink this without gagging?" question, so I may be a minority. I think I'll stick with good, old-fashioned beer with my good, new-fashioned drinking buddy, Missy... the beer tent was a big hit, especially because it was busting at the seams with people we didn't know, which gave us plenty of opportunity to reminisce about the first-year days when we'd know everyone in the bar, including the bartender who would have our drinks poured before we even knew we wanted them... it's sad, but I'm glad I can have a "remember the good old days?" conversation based on undergrad experiences. Such things are important, because my days in London are numbered!

The day, in brief... (not "in briefs") (although BOY UNDERWEAR IS THE BEST UNDERWEAR IN THE WORLD!)

The tent:

The best-ever drinking buddy:

The requisite "who the hell was that guy?" picture:

The hard-drinking roommates & co....

And what St. Pat's would be complete without an airplane ride with my #1 Saucy Sister, Sara...


Since then I've been moving & shaking... though it's been some uphill travelling. Has writing an essay every been this hard??? BUT delicious incentives have urged me to stop talking about my thesis and instead actually work on it, which has been fabulous. Who knew I'd actually enjoy writing? Heh. I used to... and I'm starting to again... especially because tonight on CBC they interviewed Lynn Coady who had fantastic things to say about being a creative writing graduate student, and that made me supremely, deep-down tingly excited. I vow today: I will one day be interviewed on CBC's The Arts Tonight!!! That will be the ultimate measure of success! You are all virtual witnesses to this vow!

Ah, done updating just in time to listen to Between the Covers. Best bedtime radio ever!!!

Which reminds me... Jen: my iPod is busted again! I'm sure you'll get a long and lamenting email about it soon... it's doing that stupid old thing where it works fine, but won't talk to iTunes unless I restore factory settings. SO I called apple today and shed some metaphorical tears along the phone line and managed to get the promise of a brand new replacement! I should have my new iPod in a week and a half! Hopefully they will remember to engrave it. This has all happened since Jen officially named my iPod "Lucky"... a little bit of bad karma, maybe? Tempting the techno-fates? Angering the Apple?

OKAY OKAY OKAY
they're starting the reading on CBC
must go zone out!

4 Comments:

Blogger megan said...

hahaha, that's so weird that you know my Random Dude in a Photo dude! Just goes to show what we always suspected... Arieh does, in fact, know EVERYone. seriously.

9:23 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Wow - I need to have St. Patty's fun with you! That looked very very fun and kinda makes me wish I hadn't missed so many western booze-fests when I was there. But then I remember that I hate beer more than anything, so, it's all ok. BUT WAIT TILL YOU SEE MY SHOES.

Lucky is almost always an ironic name. Like, for three-legged dogs and cursed iPods.

11:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there was a girl on my highschool x-country team who would wear actual boy underwear... and that was before they were making boy-underwear-for-girls.
She said it was the best ever... but I dont think the other girls actually believed her. who knew? ...a

10:00 PM

 
Blogger megan said...

no, seriously, boy underwear is the new "it" for "intimates"!!! They are so comfy... and, uh, controlling... hard to describe, really. I'm wearing my superman ones right now!!!

12:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home