The twenty-somethings of today are tomorrow's eccentric Cat Ladies!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

This is a message for Jen & Mark

...who are coming to visit me soon! When you come, we have to go to O.Noir. It is a restaurant where they serve food.

IN THE DARK!

Everything is done in pitch blackness! When you get there you go up to a counter, look at a menu, and place your order. Then you leave all of your valuables in a locker. THEN one of the waiters comes to fetch you... you put your hand on their shoulder... and they lead you into the total darkness of the dining room, where they help you find your knife, fork, plate, and napkin, and bring you your meal... which you will apparently enjoy so much more, not being able to see it, since all of your other senses (ie. taste) will be heightened! Isn't that crazy? I just heard an interview about it on CBC. The whole idea, besides being a fun experience, is to raise awareness about people who are visually impaired. Apparently all of the wait staff are blind (or semi-blind), which is a good thing for so many reasons, including the fact that visually impaired people have an unemployment rate of almost 80% in Montreal! Anyway... this is the new Montreal eating hotspot according to the radio gods, so once I know when you guys are coming, I'm totally making a reservation. And think - I will have the perfect excuse for spilling my drink everywhere! (instead of the usual nervous/tired/tipsy excuses that I usually rely on)

Other news: My tutorial kids' assignment have shifted up almost an entire letter grade since the last round! I just finished marking and I am bursting with joy... every time I see one of them properly using a term or device that we discussed in our section, I feel almost tearful with pride. They are so smart!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Double awesomeness! First a post all for us, and then food wonderfulness! I think it's pretty safe to assume we're coming the weekend before halloween.... if that's ok! Also, congrats about teaching people effectively!

1:13 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Also: exclamationland!

1:13 PM

 
Blogger megan said...

hooray! I made a reservation for us on the night of the 28th! and here's their official website: www.onoir.com

6:20 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

o.boy!

12:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home