The twenty-somethings of today are tomorrow's eccentric Cat Ladies!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Fiona, I know where you're coming from.

This Saturday's Globe and Mail book section did a special report on brand spankin new kidlit for the fall, and guess which book got the most points (from me, anyway) for cuteness and relevancy! "Tales from Parc la Fontaine," by Roslyn Schwartz! Guess what, kids? Megan lives at Parc la Fontaine! Or, at least, verrrrry near to it. I think Tycho has licked his lips at the very budgie who is featured in one of the stories. This book will need to belong to me in the very near future! (The real category should be "For babies & preschoolers & megans")

On another literary note: one day I will be interviewed by Shelagh Rogers about my writing. I want to say that one day I will also be her close personal friend, invited to her dinner parties and Saturday morning power walks and telephone dish sessions, but I need to set realistic goals before I can set meganistic goals. Anyway - I have loved Shelagh Rogers (along with the late-great Peter Gzowski) and everything about her since I was a wee tot, and this morning I heard her interviewing Joel Hynes. I read his book a few months ago. Let me tell you: if Shelagh wants to talk to Joel, then she will definitely want to talk to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home