The twenty-somethings of today are tomorrow's eccentric Cat Ladies!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Eureka!

I think I've got it!

First day of tutorial:
I'll pick four short sections from four relatively well-known poems. I'll get enough index cards for each student to have one, and on each index card will be printed one line from one of the four poems... they'll need to mingle in order to find the other people with different lines from the same poem, then arrange themselves so that they can read their poem out loud in the right order. I won't know who they are by the end, but I have a questionnaire for them to fill out to that end. And hopefully this will help get them talking about poetry!!!!

Feeling so much better now... off to find some of my favourite poems... thank you, Blackmore, for making me buy all of those index cards when I was taking MIT 025, and thank you, Adams, for making me buy a poetry anthology in ENG 204. I just found both in my closet and thus inspiration struck! Now I can't wait for Thursday. Even Tycho is excited because now we can both relax!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home