The twenty-somethings of today are tomorrow's eccentric Cat Ladies!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

lady and the tramps

Well well! It appears I have successfully completed my first year of post-grad study! I'm halfway to being a Master! Now all I have to do is write a book... and take some classes... and appear smart to the masses. But I can rhyme and that's already half the battle.

Funny, the end of classes & essays hasn't really meant the end of madness... but now "madness" involves good laughs and long grocery lists and bubble baths and loud music, instead of Microsoft Word and a pot of coffee.

(I don't actually drink coffee, but it's kind of a romantic idea, so I'll throw it in there)

T & I are getting excited because mom comes to visit the day after tomorrow! I have been telling T over and over that he must clean up his little toy soldiers that are scattered everywhere, and if he could please start pooping poops that aren't quite so smelly, we'd all sleep a little better. So far neither has happened. Still smelly Tycho poops, still soliders everywhere. It's a metaphor for the state of the world, I think. Tycho's way of taking a stand.

Or should I say, a squat...

[caption: "This one's for you, Bush!" *poot*]

SO
in less than a week I will be in Ontario... seeing family, seeing boyfriend, seeing Jenfriend, seeing dundalkfriends... I am going to have to get me some mean shades for all of that brightness!

I spent most of tonight blissfully sprawled out in that big old armchair that used to be Adam's family's, thinking, man, wherever I end up going after Montreal, it has to be somewhere where I can ship big old armchairs. I don't think I could survive without this thing, especially since The Great Furniture Rearrangement. T couldn't live without The Chair either. Whever I come home from school I can hear him meowing mournfully on the other side of the door, but there's always a T-shaped warm spot in the blankets on The Chair, so I know he has been sleeping until the moment he heard my keys, regardless of his insistence that he has been starving for hours and thought he was near death.

Off to finish this wine and sweep up some more tumbleweeds of T-fur!

5 Comments:

Blogger dv said...

M! Just wanted to pop in and say, have fun in Ontario and I hope we can see each other sometime during the summer. Congrats on finishing your first year, lady.

4:26 PM

 
Blogger megan said...

I miss you! (see: facebook)

10:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice of your friends not to mind being called tramps!

12:31 AM

 
Blogger megan said...

I know! my friends are winners!

1:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is this blog just another victim of the evil facebook?

3:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home