The twenty-somethings of today are tomorrow's eccentric Cat Ladies!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Take me to the riot! Or don't.


I meant to add in last night's post that I was safe at home during the Montreal "riot" after the Habs won on Monday. I filched this photo of Ste. Catharine St. from someone else. I could hear the celebrations all the way from here, and I live an hour's walk from downtown! I remember having a twinge of regret that I wasn't down there too, being a bandwagon fan and all... but when those two hours of cheering and car honking evolved into two hours of sirens, I felt a little better.

Click here for a photo blog about the riot. Perfect example of how terrifying the "mob mentality" can be. If only we could get people to put that kind of enthusiasm and outrage behind an actual cause, like human rights. Also, if the Habs make it to the final round, I'm insuring my apartment and leaving town until it's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home