The twenty-somethings of today are tomorrow's eccentric Cat Ladies!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

We be chillin'


I am trying to write my last university paper. Seriously, I am trying. Can I be blamed if most of my efforts devolve into searching YouTube for old 80s cartoons? I'm sure that relates to the intertextuality of Canadian war literature somehow. It hasn't helped that most of my energy has been sopped up by some sort of disgusting cocktail of various winter germs. Luckily I live with the world champion of all-day sleeping, so I'm in good company as I attempt to rest away the lingering ick (or smother it with a steady diet of toast and honey). Almost back to normal. Once this horrid paper is finished I will turn my full attention to putting the final touches (read: the entire ending) on my thesis before the guillotine drops on May 1st, after which I have only to wait for the jury (reading committee) to summon me to my own defense. Oh! I just remembered! I have to write another paper for a conference at the end of May. This is exactly how my brain has been behaving lately: it lets me rationalize and prioritize until I think that everything's do-able and under control, and then it goes, "Whoops! Forgot about this other BIG HUGE NEAR-IMPOSSIBLE TASK! My bad!"

I check my mailbox every day for news about what my future might be. I'm trying hard to remember that my life may never again be quite this unpredictable, and that I should appreciate it and embrace the twists, but.... that sort of appreciation takes the kind of concentration that I can't often muster.

And in the meantime, I entertain D while he entertains his own various potential futures...


That photo pretty much sums up how we're both feeling these days. Just throw some pillows over me and wake me up when it's July.

At least there have been sightings of buds on the trees around Montreal. That's something! Not to mention the frequent sightings of the most perfect, kissable little pink toes ever. Maybe I could write an essay about degrees of cuteness in kitties.... A+ for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home