The twenty-somethings of today are tomorrow's eccentric Cat Ladies!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

because TERRIFIC starts with T


A Tycho post, by request!

Tycho likes to toast himself under my desk lamp while I'm sitting here toiling away. He does it methodically, section by section... he starts with the butt, then moves up to the midsection, and finally roasts his head. He gets pretty hot, too! I have one of those Ikea lights that will melt the erasure clean off a pencile (I've tried it - doesn't smell good). Once he's decently stoned, T will stagger down onto my lap and lie like a lump on a stump until my legs lose all feeling below the knee and I heave him onto the radiator.

By this point he's completely CATatonic (!!!) and can only manage a half-hearted, slow-motion swipe at my hand as I tug on his ears (they're so soft and velvety!). I wonder if it's a fire hazard to have a big fuzzy bundle of fur baking away on the radiator all afternoon? I'm not too worried. I think his drool could put out some pretty big blazes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A tycho post...by REQUEST? What...cat...obsessed...

What a bad smelling ball of flames that would be if he ever goes up. You can make candles out of fat, so he kind of is an inverse candle already.

10:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with "anonymous" (aka Derek) -- a Tycho post "by request" is suspicious, indeed!

As for Tycho's battle of the kitty bulge... T now has a diet-friend in Banana, who has found himself on the heavier end of the scale of late.

GoooOOoooo portion control!

:)
LB

9:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clem refuses to diet. She tells me "you only live once." Guess she doesn't believe the nine-lives theory.

10:55 PM

 
Blogger megan said...

"you only live nine times - might as well make them BIG?"

I just got special cat food for T. It is from a special cat food store that a friend sent me to. He seems to love it - and he still demands to eat it in the bathroom, as always. Maybe he thinks the mirror makes him look slimmer?

Poor little chub-muncher...

12:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home