The twenty-somethings of today are tomorrow's eccentric Cat Ladies!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hey, Everybody!

It's me! I'm not MIA... well, I was, but now I'm back, after nearly seven straight days of birthday action, beginning outside Union Station on Friday and ending Thursday night (er, Friday morning?) at a bar on St. Catherine St in Montreal. Thank you SSHRC for giving me the means, and thank you Korova for giving me the venue. And thank you, people of my life. 23 will be a year of happiness, made all the more happy for its passing moments of doubt.
Stay tuned!

On the agenda for the next two weeks: polishing up some BRILLIANT FICTION and then reading it to whoever shows at Blizzart's on December 3rd. All of this in preparation for my debut on the bookshelves of stores across the country, nestled right up close to Timothy Findley (date-and novel-TBA). I think it's my sacred duty to keep the calibre of genius on his shelf at a steady high, and Concordia is one more foothold on the way up! By supplying me with beer, fascinating people, and truckloads of snow, Montreal is going to be my muse this winter. My IV of heartbreaking truth, straight to the veins. My long distance phone bill. My damp pant cuffs dragging in the snow, mind buzzing too fast to notice or care. Montreal, t'es tellement froid, mais t'as de la gloire. On y va!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home